Friday, March 4, 2016

Women's History Month - let's make it read books by women month, as well!

So, it's Women's History Month. Rebecca Solnit's post [here] highlights the fact that most of our high school and college reading lists were full of books written by men, mostly white men, but I digress. So, how about this month making a concerted effort to read great books by women. I haven't read Rebecca Solnit's book yet, so I can't comment on it directly. But, trust me, if you have been reading mostly book by men, your horizons will be stretched in all sorts of interesting ways if you will make a concerted effort to read more books by female authors. I will post about some of the fantastic female authored works I have read in recent years to help you out. Watch this space!
  • Are you into literary fiction? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into science? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into science fiction? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into fantasy? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into self-help? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into general fiction? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into historical fiction? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into fan fiction? I have recommendations!
  • Are you into HISTORY? I have recommendations!
  • And so on and so forth.
Thanks for the post and inspiration, sweet friend Hilary Ashton!



No comments:

Post a Comment